Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Innovative Social Venture Fund-Raising

I was reading Giving by Bill Clinton today and the section on Giving Time really struck me. I am not actively involved with a social venture at this point in time. We don't all have money or special skills but we all do have the same 24 hours every day. I am committing myself to spend time everyday, at least an hour to building my own social enterprise.

I would like begin a non-profit that focuses on fundraising through sms advertising. Every micro credit institution could use more funding. This system will send, via user opt-in, advertiser specials: giveaways, exclusive offers, and promotion notifications via text messages. Most importantly this would raise money in a non-intrusive way for a special causes. Using technology to make the world a better place in a way that is economically sound. It creates value.

We don't have to settle for the way things have been. We can be active agents of change like famous Paul Farmer. Later this week I will explain Farmer's inspiring story.

No comments: