Monday, June 16, 2008

Utah Special Olympics


I was given the opportunity to work with the Utah Special Olympics. While not a social venture its social impact it merits entry on this blog. I love working with the Special Olympics. As an organization it is very structured and professional. As far as its social impact it is amazing. Volunteers were deeply touched and felt the joy of true service.

I was truly impressed with the amount of volunteers that came to participate. Athletes were given a great experience and an opportunity to compete and "fit in". Volunteers walk away with the rekindled feeling of empowerment and a sense of the greater good. My volunteer time helped to refocus me on the responsibility I have to give back to my community. I love the atmosphere at the games. You only want the best for everyone. If only we could institute that same ideology in rest of society

It remind me of why I want to be so actively engaged in social ventures. There is no greater feeling than giving pure service. Don't miss an opportunity to get involved with this great organization. Visit www.specialolympics.org to learn how you are needed.

No comments: